Hydrographic Surveys are used to measure and describe the physical features of the sea and adjoining coastal areas, especially for the purpose of navigation. Surveys can also determine sea floor material (i.e. sand, mud, rock), which is important for anchoring, dredging, structure construction, pipeline and cable routing, and fisheries habitat. Northstar uses both side-scan sonar and bathymetry for our Hydrographic Surveying.
Our EdgeTech 4200 is one of our most versatile side scan sonar systems and can be configured for almost any survey application from shallow to deep water operations. The 4200 utilizes EdgeTech’s Full Spectrum® CHIRP technology to provide crisp, high resolution imagery at ranges 20-30% greater than non-CHIRP systems; thus allowing Northstar customers to cover larger areas and save money spent on costly surveys.
Our side scan sonar is AUV/ROV adaptable, is available with our without an operator, and can be used for the following project types:
- Archeological Surveys
- Cable and Pipeline Surveys
- Channel Conditioning/Clearance Surveys
- Geo-hazard Surveys
- Geological/Geophysical Surveys
- Route Surveys
- Search and Recovery
- Choice of dual simultaneous frequencies
- Optional Multi-Pulse (MP) mode for high speed surveys
- Crisp, high resolution Chirp images
- Standard heading, pitch & roll sensors
- Easily integrates to other 3rd party sensors
*Meets IHO & NOAA Survey Specifications